Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I've had kisses that make Judas seem sincere



I'm throwin up my top ten for the year so far. I'm sure I'll forget some albums, this is just a quick one since I'm bored

10. My Chemical Romance- The Black Parade
- I'm serious on this one. I've been listening to it alot. So don't go callin' me emo or some junk like that. This record is freakin' huge. The songs are anthemic and will be stuck in your head for daysss.

9. Trae- Restless
- What a dirty, dirty southern gem. Two words... REAL TALK

8. Rhymefest- Blue Collar
- The man who penned Jesus Walks finally drops his solo disc and it's full of social commentary and humor

7. The Thermals- The Body, The Blood, The Machine
- Punk Rock.

6. The Game- Doctor's Advocate
- The Game silences critics by droppin' another record full of West Coast gangsta ish. I just posted on this, read up

5. Ghostface Killah- Fishscale
- Ghost does what he's been doin for years. Spittin out that fire over some great beats

4. The Decemberists- The Crane Wife
- This is the best Decemberists record to date. No pirate sounding funny stuff, just great rock n roll.

3. TI- King
- This record is great, might actually be the best of the year, who knows how I'll feel in a few months.

2. Josh Ritter- Animal Years
- I've listened to this the most out of anything in the past year. One of the best singer-songwriters doin' it right now.

1. The Hold Steady- Boys and Girls in America
- Like you didn't see that one coming. This record is a beast, if you don't have it, get it, NOW.

The year still holds releases from Hov and Nas so we'll see if those can make the cut. Hell Hath No Fury drops next month and that will definitely be on here. I can't wait for that record, I get chills just thinkin' about it.

Borat comes out on Friday and I will see this movie.

No comments: