Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Go Getta


I'm goin' to see The Hold Steady tonight! I'm incredibly excited for this, I'm expecting one of the best shows I've ever seen. Catfish Haven is opening and I've heard a few tracks from them that are pretty good, so I'm looking forward to seeing them too.

The new Young Jeezy record, The Inspiration leaked and it's awesome. Basically picking up from where Thug Motivation 101 left off, it's huge and dark and is full of more dope boy imagery. If Hip Hop is Dead is as good as I expect this has been one helluva fourth quarter for hip hop.

Two new Clap Your Hands songs popped up today and they're not bad. I'm not falling in love like when I heard their debut but they sound pretty good, more melodic would be a good start I think.

Oh, Heros is BA, eff a midseason I wanna keep watching this show.

I didn't have class today so I stayed up a little later than usual last night after studying and watched Noah Baumbach's Kicking and Screaming. Baumbach is the man behind The Squid and the Whale, a great movie in its own right. Kicking was his debut and it's a look at the lives of some friends after they graduate college and are basically stuck in life. It's pretty funny and wonderfully acted. Check it out if you have time.

Lots of studying to do, I'll see if I can't post about the show on here tomorrow.


rock n roll,

Luke

No comments: