Sunday, July 26, 2009

unavoidable


When I was younger I used to buy up used CD's all the time. My dad and I would spend hours in record shops, scouring bins for some ace finds.
I remember getting home and popping my new tunes into my stereo and pulling out the insert to peruse the lyrics while listening. Most of the stuff I was buying was Fat/Epitaph punk or ska so these lyrics were TERRIBLY important. I would do this so as not to miss anything, get the whole experience.
Today I watched Armando Iannucci's latest, "In the Loop". I felt the same way watching this film as I did when putting on those used discs. The jokes and wit are flying by so fast I needed some lyrics, or a script would probably be a better service (there wasn't any singing involved to my knowledge).
The film is downright hilarious. Political satire funneled through British snark and some dark as midnight humor. I could sit here and try to pinpoint a favorite performance, but it would be a fruitless endeavor. Everyone is so wonderfully cast, from the main players to the bit parts.
I might just queue it up again.



No comments: