Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Went from ashy to classy




I got my hands on the new Luda today. The hair has changed but that's about it. I'm not usually looking for a new release from the man but I had somse hope for Release Therapy from hearing "Grew Up a Screw Up" and "War With God." I remember reading quotes from Luda saying this record is a change of pace for him, how he's feeling about the world and stuff like that. He definitely has some introspective tracks on here like "Runaway Love" with Luda on a Lupe tip and the wonderful "Do Your Time" with Beanie Sigel, Pimp C and C-Murder. Then on the other half Release Therapy still has the goofy Luda tracks that one would come to expect on a Luda release, "Moneymaker" and "Girls Gone Wild" to name a few. Overall, this is a enjoyable hip-hop release but will not hold a candle to the T.I., Ghostface and Trae releases at the end of the year.

No comments: