Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I got a girl in the war man, I wonder what it is we've done



Built to Spill came through Columbia tonight and tore ish up. Martsch and Co. put on one heckuva show, let me tell you. The wall of guitar sound was so intense. Seeing these guys live tonight really made me appreciate what they've been doing for the last ten years or so. I gave You in Reverse a very good review last semester but the album hasn't grown on me much. The new songs from that record carried over wonderfully in a live setting however.


Girl in the War has popped up on itunes as I'm writing this and I can't even express how much I love Josh Ritter's music. Animal Years is such a wonderful record and hasn't nearly got the attention that it deserves. Guster is here for a free show on Wednesday night and I'm not as excited as I should be. I'm pumped, don't get me wrong, but I'm worried about how the Ganging Up on the Sun songs are going to be when performed live.


The Razorlight record that came out this year is very good. Their record that came out a couple of years ago was lackluster as I remember, but this one has been getting multiple listens. Some great pop in the vein of Crowded House, it's no Neil Finn but it's good.

No comments: